This blog is for practical Filipina fashionistas who want to look good but are constrained by a tight budget. We'll teach you how to save money by buying affordable alternatives and trying out DIY beauty treatments.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Eyeglasses as fashion statement

Stop complaining about having to wear eyeglasses! With the beautiful eyewear available today, glasses can be a great fashion asset. However, it takes time and patience to choose the right frame for you.

I bought a Tommy Hilfiger frame for myself last year and it took me hours and a couple of shops to find the right frame at the right price. Mine cost me almost P3000 and that was on a sale. 

Normally, branded eyewear costs P5000 and up. Watch out for clearance sales and you can get these for half the price or less. There are a couple of months a year that optical shops sell their “old stock” for new season frames. I actually bought mine at Executive Optical (frames are cheaper here as opposed to the other high end shops). I also buy my disposable contact lenses there (only P200).



My budget was actually just less than P2k but my face is small and all the cheaper unbranded frames were larger (average face size). That’s when I saw the TH frame. It was so cute and chic.

SOME TIPS:

Select frames in a shape other than your face shape. Your eyebrows should ideally be covered by the frame (mine covers only half). If you have a large nose, try a frame with a low bridge. For a broad nose, try a frame with a dark-tones bridge.

I don’t like wearing over-sized and thick-framed eyeglasses because it tends to overwhelm my small face but they’re actually very fashionable and cute right now. It’s been seen on Charice Pempengco and other stars. I’m not sure if Charice’s lenses are graded, but she said in an interview that she has been wearing oversized glasses in the past because of her eyesight (just not the branded frames). Anyway, it’s a matter of taste and being able to wear it with the right attitude.

If you really need to wear glasses, it’s better to wear it alternately with contact lenses. That way, your face and eyes have enough rest (even plastic glasses can leave pad marks at the sides of your nose and your eyes need to breathe from continuous use of contact lenses).

pamper your eyes,
- K

Street Smart Charm
Practical tips for practical fashionistas
Fashion for less

------------
streetsmartcharm.blogspot.com , "Eyeglasses as fashion statement"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great article! Glasses today are very chic and stylish. These glasses can also improve one’s style. Lately, I visited a website that offers amazing glasses like Oakley and even Ray Ban. Check this site.

jean said...

Good day. Can I get your email address? Thankyou.

Marian said...

I also bought mine at Executive Optical.:) I love my eyeglass!

Meetoot said...

At Meetoot.com, you will find a wide range of specs frames to buy eyeglasses online from. From a vast collection of over 815 pairs of branded spectacles Eyeglasses. Yes, you can buy prescription glasses online . Select your choice of an eyeglass frame, share your prescription, choose your lenses, and then make the payment.

buy blue light blocking glasses

Post a Comment