This blog is for practical Filipina fashionistas who want to look good but are constrained by a tight budget. We'll teach you how to save money by buying affordable alternatives and trying out DIY beauty treatments.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Clinique's Even Better Moisturizer (SPF 20)

A couple of months ago, another relative from the US visited us and I was able to get a hold of a couple of beauty products, one of which is Clinique's Even Better moisturizer.


I've been looking for a really soothing moisturizer and I think I finally found it. I have oily skin but after every wash it feels real dry so the Even Better moisturizer really helps hydrate the skin.


I've been reading some of the reviews online and I read complaints that it's greasy, smells like sunscreen and breaks down makeup. While I must admit it really does nothing to keep my skin from being oily, it didn't seem that much of a problem for me. I read another review that might also help others:
When I started using this product, initially I found it very greasy. The Clinique SA had promised me its oil-free. So I was really disappointed. I called her up and discussed my problem. She pointed out that I must be using too much of the product. This may be the reason for the oiliness. Ahhh…and she was absolutely correct. When I reduced the quantity I applied no more oiliness. In fact my skin felt smooth and soft.

Anyway, I still love how it lightly hydrates my skin - and the fact that it's SPF20. And I did notice that it does help a little to correct skin discolorations (I see it in my pictures :)

Some info on the product from Clinique:
Imagine if you could virtually erase discolorations and dark spots to create more even skin tone gently, visibly, measurably, while protecting skin from future darkening with high-performance defense, UVA plus UVB. Within 4-6 weeks, this daily moisturizing cream creates a more even, corrected skin tone. Strengthens skin’s resistance to darkening with barrier repair. Instantly hydrates, brightens, clarifies. Apply A.M. For faster results, use with Even Better Skin Tone Corrector.


1 comments:

Len A. said...

You and me both! I have oily skin (not to mention very sensitive) and Clinique's one of the very few brands that my skin loves. Great post!

Just followed you on Google Friend Connect. Hope I get a follow back. Thank you! :)

www.themommist.blogspot.com

Post a Comment